Wednesday, August 17, 2011

...the company you keep...

Dear Congressman Paul Ryan,

As recently as one week ago, I would have considered your entry into the Presidential race a welcome miracle. Now I begin to wonder if I might have been too hasty in my opinion of you.

I am not suggesting that you aren't everything I thought. Your "Cut, Cap, and Balance" plan, although doomed from the beginning, had the sort of defiant-in-the-face-of-certain-defeat that characterizes the Thermopylaean position true conservatives face these days: facing an uneducated army of looters, moochers, union thugs, and race-baiters, led by ideologically-driven college professors, "community organizers" etc.

Then I read this Weekly Standard article, and it gave me pause.

If your closest friends and confidants include this brand of political elites, then I fear I misjudged you. I mean, come on; let's be honest. It is exactly this crowd that began our slide into this mess...not to take anything away from our current President, who turned our skid into a full-on, fishtailing, multiple turn-over interstate crash, of course.

But if we are ever to get out of this mess, you might want to consider talking to people for advice who have a bit more credibility as real conservatives, and not just the New England Yacht Club.

Sincerely,
MOCKBADOC