If the campaign and his past votes, statements, and actions are any indication, we can expect
- An administration that squelches free speech (especially free speech that is disagreeable to him - that's "hate speech", by the way, punishable by law).
- We should prepare, once again, to defend our right to bear arms - quite literally to the death, if necessary. May God forbid.
- We should prepare for a further erosion of our civil liberties and civil rights...unless, of course, we are one of the "Special Americans" identified as fertile ground for unquestioning Democrat votes - homosexuals, minorities, atheists, and communists.
- We should brace for a massive expansion of the central government and
- We should prepare to see a massive increase in the amount of money we must give them to spend on their pet causes that undermine our economic and physical security.
Those of us who continue to believe in the ideals upon which this country was founded must make a decision, now. What will we do to best serve our nation and our families? Wait for the mid-term elections and hope for a 1994-style Gingrichesque backlash? Go survivalist and await the nearly inevitable decline of our society when Reed, Pelosi, Frank, Schumer, and Obama can not resist the temptation to raise taxes? Secede?
I don't know what to do or what to advocate. But I do know this. I will continue to teach my son about the country as it should have been. He needs to know what was great about our Republic before we gave it away to the worst kind of American - one who wants to make us mediocre like everybody else. And I will remain ever-vigilant, hoping to see some sign of life - like the first tender green shoot to spring up in the wasteland following a volcanic eruption or something - the undeniable evidence that Freedom and Liberty are growing in a new land. Then I will go there and help, and teach my children to help. And we will try not to repeat the mistakes that have led to this tragic loss of Liberty. Maybe we'll get it right next time.