Monday, June 1, 2009

Definitely NOT a "Hate Crime"

A military recruiting center was attacked today in Arkansas. A recruiter was killed. It's all over the news...(not).
I'll be interested to see if Attorney General Eric Holder addresses this tragedy fairly. After the assassination of the scofflaw late-term abortionist yesterday, Holder promised to beef up security using U.S. Marshall guards. He also promised to investigate whether the killer had any connection to any of the pro-life groups.
I'm sure that Holder will send Marshalls to guard Military Recruiting centers. I'm sure he'll look thoroughly into any connection between the shooter(s) and the radical military-hating left-wing groups like Code Pink, et al.
Furthermore, I'm sure the President will come out in the next few minutes talking about how "shocked" and "outraged" he is at this murder. After all, I'm sure that the hate-murder of a military recruiter warrants exactly the same sort of response, right?
Right...?
We probably shouldn't hold our breath. After all, as we know, assassinating a military recruiter because he's a military recruiter is NOT a hate crime. So big deal, right? I guess a "baby killer" just got his due. Liberals and Marxists aren't capable of hatred, apparently. Just ask the family of Czar Nicholas.
As a veteran myself, allow me to be one of the far too few people who will extend to the family of the recruiter in Arkansas my deepest sympathy, and my most sincere appreciation for his service. I pray that you will feel "the peace that transcends all understanding" in the coming days. I am truly sorry, both for your unfair and tragic loss, and for the country that fails to understand or even comprehend the nature of your sacrifice.

No comments: